At St Michael’s we are committed to making a couple's wedding day memorable for all the right reasons. Once a couple have booked their wedding we will work with them to plan the wedding and prepare for the big day.
Can I get married in one of the city centre churches?
Either the bride or groom needs to be in one of the following categories:
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- was baptised in the parish concerned or
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish or
- has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
- That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months or
- has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months or
- That one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish.
In all cases involving church services – i.e. going to normal church services, baptism, confirmation or marriage – this applies only to Church of England services. Even if you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, we want to help you explore whether it may still be possible for you to marry in your special church.
How much will it cost?
The Church of England sets its fees nationally for the basic wedding service - https://www.yourchurchwedding.org/article/the-cost-of-church-weddings/
In addition to this we can provide an organist and a choir and arrange for the bells to be rung, although these require to be arranged in advance, are subject to an additional fee and are subject to availability.
How can I talk to someone about my wedding plans and book the service?